![]() |
| Teach Fractions on the Number Line |
All of my students that have never done this before completely flipped out on me (so did their parents). It was just too strange and difficult to figure out. I came up with an activity that takes the simplicity of a pizza and added the number line to it.
Watch the video below to see how I to teach this concept and download this freebie from my blog shop by clicking and dragging it to the shopping bag on the right side. This video came from my sister site, Kids Cog Works.

This is WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! It's a fun way to itroduce fractions.
ReplyDeleteLove this idea! I'll be sure to check out all the other sites and activities you have mentioned. Thanks for helping me be a better teacher.
ReplyDeleteNumber line is a very easy way by which we can teach the students about positive,negative and fraction numbers easily.
ReplyDeleteYou are very creative! I like this idea a lot, and look forward to using this! :) Thanks for sharing with us!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Darlene. I would love to hear how it goes. Good luck this school year!
ReplyDeleteHi Adrianne,thanks so much for the freebie! Do you have a gadget that lets folks follow you in Blogger? I'd love to follow you since I just found your blog, and I am a tutor. ;)
ReplyDeleteJessica
www.learningmetamorphosis.blogspot.com
Hi Jessica! Thanks for taking the time to write me. I do have an RSS feed button that you can click on just beneath the Pinterest icon. You also can follow by email, newsletter, or on Facebook. I have different types of content on Facebook which is why I chose to use that widget instead of a follower widget.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to email me any time with your questions.