Home Google + Contact Facebook Pinterest YouTube
Proud Sponsor of The Tutor House!

TpT Freebies for Tutors #5



Welcome to your weekly edition of Teachers Pay Teachers freebie for Tutors.  It's been really fun to hunt around looking for the best freebies out there!  As usual there are so many great ones to choose from.  Today's topic is Integers.  Yipee!  I love teaching integers.

Integers


Battleship Plotting on a Graph

Battleship is a super fun game and this one created by Mrs. Martin focuses on plotting points on a graph.  There were just a few directions, but it's still worth downloading.  I would print it out on cardstock and slide them into a sheet protector.  Then you and your student would use dry erase markers to put your ships on the graph. 

Each player will take turns calling out points on the graph like (-3, 5) and the other play will tell them HIT if they are right or MISS if they are wrong.  The goal is to wipe out all the other players ships.  Super fun and I know my students would love it!



Add the Opposite Song

I found a super fun math song to help students remember to add the opposite.  Love it.  You can download and use it for free, it has a creative common license!  Yipee.  I love that. 

Honestly, there were a lot of free worksheets just for practice.  You can just head over to TpT and search for integers.  To end, I'll show you three of my integer freebies all of which can be downloaded from my freebie page.  If you want to visit my TpT Store, you are most certainly welcome to!

Integer Fear Factor Freebie
Integer Fear Factor in a tutoring session may be a little tricky because you would have to be willing to eat gross flavors of jelly beans right along with your student.  You then plot on the number line where the flavor of that jelly bean lands.  The person to last the longest wins.  It would be a lesson a student would never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips