I hope you are having a great weekend! I have been hunting this week for activities that go with Geometry. I love geometry, it was one of my favorite classes in school. Probably because I am a visual learner and geometry felt really useful to me.
Geometry
 |
| Line Segments, Ray, Parallel Line Race Game |
The Vintage Teacher made a fun racing game that focuses on line, segments, rays, and parallel. Just print it out and you are ready to go. Made for grades 3-5.
 |
| Island Conquer Area and Perimeter |
Laura Candler of
Corkboard Connections made an awesome game called
Island Conquer Area and Perimeter. Opponents play against each other in making different shapes. You can play just using perimeter or do area. So much fun! I would recommend sliding the game boards into sheet protectors so that you can reuse them for other students too. Wonderful work Laura.
 |
| Translations Fun with Star Wars |
Natalie Lamont made this fun
translations activity. I think even though she aimed it at younger students, it is still good review for older students to be able to look at an object and identify what is happening. It has a Star Wars theme which is trendy right now. Thanks Natalie!
iLearn Math with iPads is a free resource showing you a few free math apps that you can download and also come with a geometry activity. I like the idea of using an iPad during tutoring, but I would proceed with caution depending on the persoanlity of my student. Otherwise, using these apps could be a lot of fun and enjoyable for everyone. Thanks to Haley James!
Great!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
Peggy