Home Google + Contact Facebook Pinterest YouTube
Proud Sponsor of The Tutor House!

Word Study Lists Grades 3-6


Tutoring a reading student can be quite time consuming because you want to make sure that you are reading books they enjoy, but still getting to the skills they need to practice.  I use this guide to help me get prepared for a reading student quicker.  It's a very simple resource of lists of high frequency words, word families, and grammar lists like synonyms, contractions, homophones, adjectives and such.

I keep this resource in a binder close by when I am tutoring.  If I want to wait until the student comes in for tutoring to see what words they need help with in the moment, I have this resource at my finger tips.  We read a book together and I make mental notes of what the student needs to study. 

When we finish, I pull our a game like DIY Jenga or Super Brothers File Folder game.  Then I flip to a page that I know will have the words they need help with and I write those words on the cards.  While I am writing, I use this time to chat with them about their week and how school is going.  Then we play the game!

Another way I do get prepared is to go through the lists sequentially, hitting all of them for practice.  Before they come, I will write words on the game pieces and select a book or two that go with the word family we are practicing that day.  You can preview it for FREE by reading the description in the shop widget below.

There's many ways you can use this resource.  If you think this is something that will help your prep time go quicker, you can pick one up for just $3.00.  Add it to the cart below by dragging it to the shopping bag on the right.
Word Study Lists Grades 3-6
$3.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips