Domino Match
Today I am excited to share another tip from Tutor Jessica Crawford. She came up with a fun domino game that's free for you to download right now from TpT. Thanks for sharing with all of us tutors Jessica!
"As for my freebie, I created it to help a student who was having difficulties with number sense, subitizing, and counting nickels and pennies together. He would get very upset when using the actual coins because of so many previous failed attempts in the classroom. By putting the same skill inside of a non-threatening domino game, he was able to successfully practice the skill of counting by fives and ones. His number sense and subitizing skills have also increased as well. It is quite often the game he chooses to play when it is free choice time." -Jessica
Do you have an idea that you would like to share with other tutors? Please submit your idea. Pictures are helpful but not required.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm not a tutor, I'm a 1st grade teacher and I think this is very cool!! I can't wait to use it with my students. Great for helping with the skill of subatizing!
ReplyDeleteHey thanks Debra for leaving a comment. It is cool! I wish you the best.
ReplyDelete