I met him and his mom outside, he had a huge grin on his face. The materials for the game we were going to play are simple to find. You'll need chalk, a bean bad, and a subject to study like reading words. I had my Word Study Lists and then I drew with chalk a Flip the Chip game board on my driveway. You can download this awesome freebie below. Inside it has game boards that are blank to print and some that are filled in too!
Instead of using a printed game board, we drew it on the concrete with chalk and wrote "long a" words inside the circles. The game board shown here is circles drawn overlapping each other slightly. I drew about 20.
Another outside activity we did: Finding words within words. I wrote Easter Time on the concrete and my student had to find all the words he could think of and make a list. He wrote them on the concrete too. He loved being outside and moving around while he was learning.
You could so some other phrases like:
Spring Time
Flowers and Grass
Blossoms on the Tree
How do you engage your students in an interesting way?




No comments:
Post a Comment