So many of us have attached a negative connotation to the word marketing. When you hear people mention that word, do you just want to run away screaming? Do you cringe? I used to until I realized that marketing is just communication with your current and future clients. As you continue communicating with those who already use and love (yes-love) your services, that in turn can lead to more students. Tutors tell me time and time again that referrals are their biggest source of new students. (I had to bold that sentence because it is SO important to remember)
I wrote 35 Ideas to Market Your Tutor Business because quite honestly, a lot of tutors decide they want a business and then make some rash decisions. For example, they rush and decide a name, register with their state, pass out a few flyers, and then they get no phone calls or interest. The tutor in turn gets frustrated and quickly gives up.
Running a small business is like the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady wins the race! So how does a tutor not lose their mind being slow and steady? By using the ideas inside 35 Ideas to Market Your Tutor Business. Like a steady drip of water to a plant, your business needs a steady flow of marketing strategies being used to help your business blossom.
Today, I wanted to share one of the ideas from my eBook. Using the knowledge that your current students could indeed help you get more students in the future, you should strive to make positive and lasting impressions. I recently stumbled upon Postagram and fell in love! For just $1.00 I can send a new or current student a postcard in the mail that has an image we took together. You can use it as a way to thank a new student, encourage a struggling student, or thank a student who no longer needs your services.
I love opening the mail box to see actual letters instead of just junk or bills. Postagram gives your students a fun surprise that is special just for them. The postcard image is perforated so that your student can pop out the picture and carry it in his/her binder at school, hang it up in their room, or pin on a board.
Postagram works with your iPhone, iPad, Android or directly on your computer. I uploaded an image and sent it to my student. It only took 3 days for it to arrive! I see a lot of potential with this awesome app.
35 Ideas to Market Your Tutor Business is on sale this week to celebrate sharing it with all of you! Use promo code: Market2013 to get a copy of the book for just $3.99 until November 5th, 2013.
I would love to hear from you! What marketing ideas have worked for you?

No comments:
Post a Comment