Home Google + Contact Facebook Pinterest YouTube
Proud Sponsor of The Tutor House!

Plans for Summer Learning



My Plans for Summer Learning:

I thought I would give you a little peek into what we are going to do this summer to keep our brains sharp.  Each day, my boys will need to do two chore sticks, two school sticks, read for 30 minutes, and practice piano.  We'll do these things in the morning and then go out during the afternoon to a park or swimming pool.

If I get complaints about doing a school stick (although I highly doubt I will, but better to be prepared) my boys will then have the option of doing my Playing Cards Math Mats.  These are super easy to print out and gather supplies for.  There are mats for younger grades and older grades. 

Adapt for a Tutoring Student:

The great thing about all of these resources is that I can easily adapt them for a math tutoring student.  They are all very simple and quick to put together.  I would pull out my school sticks and begin a session with the math sticks.  Then I would probably do a Playing Card Math Mat, and finish up with a little worksheet with a more focused topic.

Don't even get me started with a reading student!  So much learning to be done this summer.  We will definitely be avoiding the summer slide around here.  What are your plans for the summer?  If you haven't made plans yet, I have some suggestions I would like to share with you.

Make Summer Plans for Learning:

Last week, I did a guest post for Laura Candler about using School Sticks to keep your child smart this summer.  I shared two weeks of School Sticks for free, but I've also made school sticks for PK-K, 1-2, and 3-6.  I thought you may want to hear about them because they are so much fun!

In each set you will find two weeks worth of free School Sticks on my freebies page, but you can also buy enough for the summer on my blog shop page.  However, I didn't do a whole summers worth for PK-K because they don't need as much.  They really just need time to play, pretend, read, and be with their family.

I've got an entire page dedicated to Summer Helps.  On there you'll find a longer description about my School Sticks, videos about card games, and links to great places for reading lists and websites for learning.  There's a button to take you there on the right side of my blog.

Another great resource for summer learning comes from Teachers Notebook.  They are sponsoring a site where amazing teacher authors are putting some of their best free resources up for you to download and use with your kids.  They are calling it Avoid the Summer Slide.  You can visit the page by clicking the button on the right side of my blog.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips