Home Google + Contact Facebook Pinterest YouTube
Proud Sponsor of The Tutor House!

12 Christmas Stories-Free Printable

Every year Christmas rolls around, my mind turns to all the things I would like to do.  I usually make something for my neighbors and friends.  I try to make attempts at not making a plate of treats because I know that if I have 7 plates of treats at my house, it's probably the same story at their house!  So here's a list of things I've made in the past and then I'll show you what I am making this year.


1.  I Spy Ornament

This is one of my favorites! You go to the store and get a plastic ornament.  Pick up some Epsom salts and then find all the little things to go with the poem.  It's brought entertainment to my kids and friends for years.  Here is the little poem I attached to the ornament.
"I spy 2 snowflakes, a star from the night,
a snowman and 3 Christmas lights;
a little white dove, 2 bells, a present,
and a heart full of love."
Put the little items in and fill the ornament half way full with Epsom salt.  Glue it shut with hot glue.  Make a tag with the poem and "Ta-Dah!", you have yourself one super fun neighbor gift.

This would even be fun to make with your younger tutoring students.

2.  Peppermint Play Dough

I made homemade play dough one year, tinted it red, added glitter and peppermint oil to it.  I put it in a festive plastic container and included holiday cookie cutters I got at the dollar store.

3.  Dollar Store Coloring Books

A lot of my friends loved this one.  I delivered Christmas coloring books the week of Christmas with a box of new crayons.  The parents were so grateful because their kids were getting stir crazy and this helped distract them from the big day.

This Year's Gift:


Now this years gift appeals more to the adults than the kids.  It's 12 Christmas Stories that you could read as a count down to Christmas.  The stories are heartwarming.  They are about service and the real meaning of Christmas.

After I made it for my neighbors I thought to myself, this is awesome!  I should share it with others who don't live around me so they can have an awesome gift to share this year too.  I am including a special note to my friends on the inside and then I'll drop it off to their houses with a large candy bar to share with their family.

Free Christmas Neighbor Gift Printable
 
You can download it from me by following this link.  Make sure to follow the directions closely!  It could be easy to mess up the printing!

Get your copy by clicking on the image or following this link. (Page number updated 12/13/12...sorry)  If you like this fun Christmas idea, will you please share it out?  Sharing is caring :)  Also consider leaving me a comment.

Merry Christmas my friends!

1 comment:

  1. WONDERFUL, Adrianne! Absolutely wonderful- I love this post. Downloading your stuff now! ;) Thanks for sharing your resources and all of your fantastic ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips