Home Google + Contact Facebook Pinterest YouTube
Proud Sponsor of The Tutor House!

Math Games for Learning


Today, I am linking up with Laura of Corkboard Connections.  The end of the school year is upon us and most students (and teachers/tutors) are getting worn out.  It's a great time to get math games going in the classroom.

It's no secret that I love any kind of game that involves playing cards.  I like the convenience of cards and that in a flash I can pull them out along with any of my playing card math mats.


Awhile back, I collaborated with Heidi of Raki's Rad Resources and we made this mega pack of playing card math mats.  The age range is pretty wide too!  You'll be able to find mats that work with the little ones and older kids too.


This mat features subtraction.  Students draw cards and put the biggest numbers on the top row and the smaller ones in the bottom row.  Then subtract!  They keep working through the deck until they have finished the pile.  You can download this freebie below:

Playing Card Math Mats
$0.00

If you love playing with cards too, make sure to check out my Math with a Deck of Cards Pinterest Board.

Playing Card Math Mats have worked out so well, that I decided to dig into the Common Core Standards more and make two packs of math mats that cover more topics.  There's some for grades 3-5 and 6-8.  They make great early finisher activities and allow for differentiation.

Below shows you how a math mat works.  The standard is written in the  right hand corner, directions at the top, and skill being worked on in the upper left hand corner.  I slide mine into sheet protectors and students write the cards they draw with a dry eraser marker in the boxes.  It's a nice feature to be able to use them again and again.


You can pick up a set for your classroom or tutoring kids at my Teachers Pay Teachers store or right here on the blog.  Click on the images to take you over to TpT.

3-5 Common Core Aligned Playing Card Math Mats

6-8 Common Core Aligned Playing Card Math Mats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips