Home Google + Contact Facebook Pinterest YouTube
Proud Sponsor of The Tutor House!

Plan Day Sunday: Place Value Work

Cutie Pie 2nd Grade Student:

My students teacher gave me this awesome pack of weekly review sheets to use.  They were so professional and easy to use, I looked on Teachers Pay Teachers and sure enough-there they were!

These are like daily warm ups and they are aligned with the common core standards.  I have really liked using them in tutoring because I get to cover the things they are doing in class again with  my cutie pie student.  Look in her store for this awesome resource.


We worked really hard on place value practice this day.  My cutie pie gets it mixed up in her head. I found this super cute freebie on TpT called, Place Value Picnic.  It incorporated our study that we had previously done on standard, expanded, and word form.  It gave her another way to practice putting that knowledge to work.

We also played lots of math fact type games like Dog Pen (from Laura Candler's Mastering Math Facts) and finger bowling.  We finished up by playing Number Guess.  This freebie you can find on the newsletter subscribers page only.  Sign up for the newsletter, Tutor Notes over in the side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips