Home Google + Contact Facebook Pinterest YouTube
Proud Sponsor of The Tutor House!

Test Prep Product Reviews

Hey all!  I am always on the hunt for good resources to help my students prepare for tests.  They are part of the education process.  Today, I'll be sharing two different types of resources with you.  All of the opinions herein are my own.  I wasn't bribed to bathe them in good light...I just wanted too!

Let's start with Charity of The Organized Classroom Blog's Individual Math and Vocab Lists (grades 3-6).  These are really cool.  I like how she set them up!  Students work on just a few words each week.  I swear half the battle with math sometimes is understanding the language!  If you use this system, your students will have those math vocab words memorized in no time.

You print the vocabulary words trim, hole punch them, and slide them onto a binder ring.  Then you mark the words that you want your students to study with little PostIt flags.  I choose the words that my student is currently working on in class and struggles with on a consistent basis.  In a tutoring session, you would want to model how to study these words a few times with your student.  Find the definitions together.  After a few times, you could send the vocab ring home and give them a mini quiz when they come back for tutoring the next time.

Check out Charity's videos to see how she put them together.





I like that this is a self directed student activity pack with fun games to help them learn these vocabulary words.  If you are interested in purchasing your own copy of all these math vocab words, please visit Charity's shop.

Next up!  


Study Skills from Promoting Success.  I bought this because I want to focus a little each day on test taking strategies with my students.  Inside this awesome pack is a test taking survey and various ideas to help your students get ready for those pesky tests!  I loved that she included resources that I could put to use right away.

Here is what was all included:
  • Helping students deal with test anxiety
  • What to do before, during and after the test
  • Test taking do's and don'ts
  • Test taking questionnaire
  • Test question strategies 
  • Several study skill sheets which are great printables to help students prepare for the next test!
I thought it was worth every penny!  

What test prep materials have you found helpful?

3 comments:

  1. Nice Post you have shared which is helpful for most of the student to prepare our test online. Thanks for sharing this informative and knowledgeable post.

    subject teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What grade levels are "Study Skills" for? I tutor high school and undergrad students, and I'm wondering if this book would be appropriate for tutoring ACT and SAT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Madga Tutor- I think the Improve Test Scores pack is great for any grade level and the techniques inside are useful for everyone as well.

    The math vocab words however, that really depends on the level of your student. They were created for grades 3-6. If you have a student that has struggled with math for a long time, then I think this product would be good for reviewing common math terms like perpendicular, parallel, congruent, etc. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips