Home Google + Contact Facebook Pinterest YouTube
Proud Sponsor of The Tutor House!

Nuts N' Bolts for Math




More ideas for Nuts N' Bolts!  Math of course!  Start out with simple numbers and make a nut with an addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division sign.  Thread on a number, an operation sign, and then a number.  Now your student can spin their way to making problems.

To  make your own number set, just use a permanent marker to write the numbers and symbols.  I even tried using a wet erase marker and that was awesome because then I can change out the numbers and symbols without needing to keep a bunch of nuts and bolts around.

You can make it more difficult of course.  Make some with variables, practice doing order of operations by putting parenthesis on there.  I would make one entire nut with parenthesis on there.  Then another one with variables.  One more idea-greater/less than or equal to signs.  The sky's the limit!  How would you use Nuts N' Bolts for math?

3 comments:

  1. Excellent, the idea is really brilliant; I want to talk to you today about the so many country experiences of digital transformation from an economic and societal point of view. It's a good idea to use in the online education field.
    Math Tutors Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you get the numbers on the bolts? A mallet and stampers?

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Left out that little detail didn't I! All you need to use is a sharpie marker. I even used a wet erase marker so I could change numbers without having to keep a bunch of bolts around.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips