Home Google + Contact Facebook Pinterest YouTube
Proud Sponsor of The Tutor House!

TpT Freebies for Tutors #3



Comprehension

Teaching reading comprehension takes time and consistency.  I found some interesting and helpful ways to teach comprehension.  Best part-they are free!!

Laura Candler of Corkboard Connections came up with the fantastic Character Word Cloud activity.  I like it because it has technology involved and the end result is artful!  I bet your students would enjoy making one of these after reading a book with you.


Christi Fultz shared a great idea for getting kids really thinking about what they are reading, not just summarizing.  Her method involves sticky notes (I would not be able to function without sticky notes).  The freebie comes with a poster too.  Download it here.


Rebecca Bettis created a set of Recipes for Comprehension.  What I like about the Racoon one is that it's fun and simple to put together the recipe and it's ready to go.  Answers are included too.  Thanks Rebecca!

And now we'll end with one from Hilary Lewis from Rockin' Teaching Materials.  She made a comprehension spinner.  I am thinking this would be so handy to pull out right after reading with a student and then spin through to talk about the book.


Thank you to all the amazing teacher authors that continually make freebies for all of us to enjoy!  If you have time, go visit their pages and rate their items too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips