Home Google + Contact Facebook Pinterest YouTube
Proud Sponsor of The Tutor House!

Tutoring Office Part 2

Here it is!  It's a vision of organization and something I feel proud to share with  my friends.  My students were so excited.  One mom that rarely comes in saw it through the window and wanted to come take a peek. 

In the corner is my computer and to the right is where I sit with my tutoring students.  We've got lots of leg room and space to spread out our games/work.  I just have an old chair that I am using right now for students  I've been thinking about getting roll around stools because it would be different than sitting in yet another chair. 



Up above my computer is some IKEA shelves that I bought.  I installed them juxsaposed from each other so I could fit in another cubby that I got from IKEA.  This holds all my binders, games, game pieces, crayons, letters, and such.  There is plenty of room to add things in the future.  If there isn't, I better de-junk!


Here is my sweet little cubby from IKEA.  There are five compartments.  They aren't quite long enough to hold pencils, but perfect for sticky notes, playing cards, game pieces and such.  I modge podged on some chevron paper and then used some 3M labels I got for a dollar a long time ago. 


I adore playing cards for learning, that's no big secret here.  This little cubby box holds all of my playing cards perfectly and even the dice.  I am loving this because I can just pull it out while we are tutoring and then slide it back when we are done.



Here is my IKEA bookcase.  It holds all of my tutoring resource books, magazines, and children's books.  One spot is for all things math, two for reading, and one for research type books.  SO much better!  I like to display my degree and my husbands.  This way my kids and the kids I tutor can see that I value education and that my husband does as well.


If you are wondering what books I have in my bookcase, look over to the left of my blog to see my Amazon widget.  Every June, I pick up another text book for math.  This year a geometry book is on the wish list. 





Come back to see some more up close shots of my office.  I have a few fun DIY projects you could do that cost very little to do. 

5 comments:

  1. Great Room! Love the ideas for the organization.

    Any ideas on how to carry everything with you when tutoring outside the home? I always like to bring everything just in case something comes up during the tutoring session, but I can only carry so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I do have some ideas, I will have to share them this upcoming month. Thanks for coming by Charlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new room looks great! How efficient and organized you are!
    LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it looks GREAT! But I would also love to see an equally organized and attractive way of carrying a lot of supplies, because, I like to be overly prepared, but then I end up fumbling around for stuff because I can't even find what I have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to think on that! How much stuff are we talking here?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips