I love Back to School time (and I dread it a little too) but I especially enjoy visiting Target's dollar spot at the front of the store. Throughout the year, I always browse to see what fun little items they have for tutoring. The items are way more fun and trendy than my local dollar store.
I just went the other day and hit the jackpot at Target! I completely loaded up on some much need supplies for tutoring. Here is a list of the supplies I snatched up:
1. Mini Dry Erasers
2. Mini Slinky (for fidgety students)
3. Dry Erase Markers
4. Mini Fun Shaped Erasers (to use with file folder games as markers)
5. Paper Tray in Cute School Supply Pattern
6. Books (classics like Tom Sawyer, Dr. Dolittle, Treasure Island, The Jungle Book)
7. 5 Min. Quick Quiz Books
There are other great finds like bins, magazine holders, pens, pencils, notepads, sticky notes, dry erase boards, and more! But I had to restrain myself because I had the rest of those, but I could've gotten an entirely new themed office set up over here people!
So go check it out, if you are just getting started with a tutoring business, Target is the place to start. Happy Shopping!

Thank you! I'm starting a new position in my district and part of it is tutoring. I'm looking for 'tutoring essentials' that I can always have with me.
ReplyDeleteAli
It is very important to have supplies especially ones that you can use to create fun and engaging activities. I think tutoring, particularly in elementary ed tutoring should be visual and exciting. Kids learn fast with the help of such materials.
ReplyDeleteHow much is it?
ReplyDeleteAll the materials you see in the picture are $1.00 a piece. This photo was from 2012, so items may have changed. I consistently see the dry erase markers in Target's dollar area. Go browse around at your local Target or dollar store, you're sure to find similar items.
ReplyDelete